|At the annual ICBA Retail Conferences all buyers are immersed in PRIMEtime and PowerHall vendor meetings and professional training. As a buyer, your vendor meeting schedule is set prior to your arrival and consists of 20-, 30- and 40-minute PRIMEtime meetings and PowerHall 10-minute meetings. During your private, one-to-one meetings, you can initiate your own agenda, discover new products and explore promotions and marketing opportunities. It's also a great place to negotiate and place orders.|
There are a LIMITED number of FREE spaces available for primary buyers of:
ICBA Buyer Scholarship
- Apparel, backpacks & gifts
- Technology, consumer electronics & computer products
- School & office supplies
This Scholarship provides a value of up to $1,125 for each attendee.
On a first-come-first-served basis, a limited number of ICBA Members receive FREE Registration/Education ($595 value), FREE Airfare (up to $500), and a $30 ground transportation allowance.
THE ICBA SCHOLARSHIP AGREEMENT:
- Offer is good for ICBA Member Stores only. Non-members are welcome to attend for a fee.
- Primary buyers receiving an ICBA Scholarship must accept the SCHOLARSHIP AGREEMENT terms and conditions (below).
- Registered attendees must be the PRIMARY buyer for the category in which they register.
- Member stores are eligible to send no more than one primary buyer for each of the following programs: Apparel Program, iTech and Supply Program.
- Airfare reimbursement is limited to the ticketed price of airfare only and does not cover upgrades, trip insurance, baggage fees, changes and other airline incidentals. Attendees are responsible for airfare beyond $500 and non-ticket incidentals.
As professional buyers, this is an easy win.
By accepting this offer of FREE Registration/Education and FREE Airfare, you agree to the following:
- You are the PRIMARY buyer for the category in which you registered.
- You will attend ALL PRIMEtime and PowerHall meetings on your schedule.
- If you are a no-show or miss a meeting without a legitimate cause as determined by ICBA, you will reimburse ICBA for full registration and airfare up to $1,125.
Pay Your Own Way and Choose Your Own Meetings:
If you would prefer to choose which vendors you meet with, you may do so by paying for your registration fee ($595) and travel expenses (airfare, ground transportation).
Please Note, because all schedules automatically include meetings with every vendor, you must notify ICBA of your option by December 31, 2016.
ICBA Buyer Scholarship - How To:
1. Register & Agree to the ICBA BUYER SCHOLARSHIP Agreement.
2. Reserve & pay for your own room. Hotel reservations, accommodations and fees are your responsibility. Visit Destination & Travel for more information about rooms and the local area.
3. Book your flight & submit reimbursement request. Reimbursement is limited to the ticketed price of airfare only and does not cover upgrades, trip insurance, baggage fees, changes and other airline incidentals. Attendees are responsible for airfare beyond $500 and non-ticket incidentals.
Submit your receipt and itinerary for reimbursement no later than November 30, 2016, to Sandy Watson at Office@ICBAinc.com,
4. Arrange your ground transportation. You are responsible for arranging your own transportation to and from the hotel/airport.
Primary buyers receiving free registration/education and airfare and agreeing to the ICBA BUYER SCHOLARSHIP AGREEMENT will receive the additional $30 reimbursement towards ground transportation, only if their airfare reimbursement request is submitted by the November 20, 2015, deadline. Go to Destination & Travel Information to learn about flights and ground transportation.