Since its inception in 1927, Independent College Bookstore Association (ICBA) continues to be the only professional cooperative dedicated exclusively to institutional collegiate retail stores. ICBA provides the opportunity for owners and decision makers committed to putting their schools and students first and to openly and enthusiastically share operational improvements. ICBA does this by providing exceptional programs and services including buying programs, professional development and much more.
The ICBA Mission is to provide the programs and services that will establish the institutional store model as the preferred management solution for higher education.
The ICBA Promise
- Exclusive institutional store sharing
- Unsurpassed buying programs
- Industry-leading professional development
- Decision-making voice & pride of ownership
A Few Facts about ICBA
The most powerful college bookstore leaders in the industry belong to ICBA.
- ICBA is 100% institutional stores (not lease-operated or privately owned)
- ICBA serves more than 200 college stores across the nation
- ICBA represents more than 73% of the Large Stores Group in the United States
- ICBA Stores have reported sales totaling more than $1.5 billion
- ICBA Store sales average $10 million
Independent College Bookstore Association invites stores that are committed, engaged, successful, innovative and ethical. If you aspire to these same standards, we invite you to join us.
Maintain a long-term view of shared success and trust.
Active on campus and in the industry through formal and informal networking.
Function as a successful retail operation while fulfilling the campus mission.
Advance with calculated risk through vision and leadership.
Personal responsibility. Shared principals and values. Sincere. Honest.